Thursday, October 27, 2011

Introducing...the sparkly bead necklace.

Today I bring you the second installment of my 'jewelry inheritance' series. The predominantly golden brown and green colors of this five strand bead necklace aren't what I would usually be drawn to, but since it also has a subtle glint of a beautiful light turquoise-y blue I felt it would coordinate well with a lot of my wardrobe.


Wouldn't you know it?- it looks way more interesting paired with my existing wardrobe than a necklace in shades of blue or purple, which is what I would have chosen had I been offered a full assortment of colors. So, I think I've learned a valuable lesson: experiment with color, especially where accessories are concerned. Colors that have never been my favorites can enhance (and be enhanced by) those that I typically adore.


I'm still not really progressing very quickly towards my goal of having a wardrobe full of clothes that I love. I'm continuing to get rid of things that I don't like but awesome things to build up my wardrobe aren't exactly pouring in to fill up the empty wardrobe space I'm creating. The September shopping moratorium is long over but in good conscience I can't really go shopping- even at the thrift store- until I get a job. And, as always, the only things I find myself lusting after are shoes, hats, and jewelry. I need real clothes!

Man, I really do not love posting these side shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment