Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My brief love affair with this skirt may be over.

I was my intention to show you this skirt again today as part of a really smashing outfit. After trying it with several different tops and shoes I settled on this, which is not remotely approaching smashing.


I'm not sure why I'm finding it so hard to create an outfit I like using this skirt. I was completely enamored with it when I tried it on. Now, I think it's just a rather dowdy black skirt. I don't know what has changed, but it must be me because it can't be the skirt. In the dressing room I felt absolutely delicate and feminine in this skirt. I was swishing and swaying; admiring it in the mirror from all angles. I loved the swing of the skirt and the mid calf length. I felt like I was channeling Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday:

Image from Here's Looking Like You, Kid
Maybe that's what the trouble is. Maybe I shouldn't judge this skirt until I try it with bare legs and strappy sandals and short sleeves; the way I first imagined it. I thought this morning that perhaps I should shorten it a few inches. I just don't know what to do. I only know that today (and yesterday) I'm not loving it like I thought I would. Any ideas?



Green boots and a green clutch.

No comments:

Post a Comment