Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I wish I had ten pairs of these pants.


I enjoy wearing these pants tremendously. They have a very wide shaped waistband which means they are super comfortable. The fabric is an engineer stripe that is very difficult to photograph but is very cute in real life (if I do say so myself!) And they feature sailor style button plackets which you can't see very well in these photos. All day today I was creating an exhaustive list of all of the fabrics in which I would like to make copies of these pants. Linen for summer, wool crepe for winter, a nice dark denim...I won't bore you with the complete list but you get the idea.


I've been wishing I could find pants in brighter colors than seem to be commercially available. I've been imagining bright blue and deep purple and kelly green. Dark colors- I need the slenderizing effect of dark bottoms, but something more exciting than the navy and khaki and brown that are all I ever seem to find in stores. Pants are notoriously hard to fit and sew but I think a style like this might be easier than something more fitted. And I have a ton of cute buttons I could use.  

No comments:

Post a Comment