Monday, March 26, 2012

Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

I almost achieved my goal of posting while 'traveling.' (It was just a weekend trip to the Bay Area to stay with relatives, but there was a suitcase involved). I took pictures each day, but on Saturday night I learned I'd exceeded my free storage limit for blog photos and needed to wait for the newly purchased storage to become available. On Sunday I was extremely tired, and having the choice between blogging and taking a long hot bath, I chose the bath. So, an update is in order, because I have the photos, and it seems a pity for them to go to waste.

Saturday:

I ended up not really liking this outfit much but it was what I brought with me so it was what I wore. Luckily, it was rainy and cold in San Francisco so I mostly looked like this:


Chris and I spent the day with Chris's niece and great nephews at Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39. We ate clam chowder, mussels, crab and tiny doughnuts. We visited the sea lions. And we had a blast at the Musee Mecanique.


Sunday:
Here's what I wore to the Legion of Honor museum:
 


But again- most of the day I looked like this:


Monday:

This is only the second time I've worn this denim jacket. I think it looks nice from the front. I love the big industrial strength snaps. It's a nice weight for spring in Northern California. But when seen in profile I could easily be mistaken for the broad side of a barn. See what I mean?


I did get one side shot that looked okay but, understand that this single shot was the exception and not the rule. And I can't go around all day using my hands to keep my jacket contained.


I think I may have to resign myself to just wearing this jacket snapped closed but I hate feeling that my clothes are dictating how they must be worn. I'd like to be the one in charge.

 



9 comments:

  1. Personally I like the first outfit and l.o.v.e. the dress, it looks like it was made specially for you. Pity about the denim jacket - but that happens so often and I've noticed that its more often on ladies who are well endowed (which in itself is not a totally bad thing ;-}). Just love how you look in a beret!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliments. I'm finally starting to make peace with my chest (after more than 25 years) but it sure can be an impediment to dressing stylishly. Still, if I'm going to work with- and appreciate- what I've got I've got to stop thinking of it as something that's working against me. But that will be changing a habit of a lifetime. Must keep trying.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your kind words on my previous post! I think your first outfit was lovely! You lool so pretty with your beret and scarf! You are so stylish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I felt sort of lumpy in the first outfit because the shirt underneath kept getting bunched up around my waist. I think maybe that was why I was so critical of it. Looking at it now it doesn't seem as bad as I thought. Passing time adds perspective, I guess. Sweet compliments don't hurt either.

      Delete
  3. You are definitely a beret girl. I think you nailed it on all three outfits. You are inspiring me to try horizontal stripes. I just didn't think I could wear them but they look good on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use berets like long haired ladies use ponytails. I wish I had them in other colors than black. Definitely do try the stripes! I can not resist striped tops. And, frankly, I don't think that they make me look any wider than I do in a solid top. I think thin stripes end up looking more like an all-over pattern than a true horizontal line. That's my theory, anyway. Lands' End has about 50 striped items I am coveting currently.

      Delete
  4. I wonder if the denim jacket would soften up and mold to your body if you wore it more. In your weekend outfits, I love the big built up scarf. I keep trying that with scarves...without much success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might. Although it isn't actually particularly stiff, heavy denim. It's actually more like a chambray fabric, not a true twill weave like denim. I'm going to give it a few more chances to earn its hanger space in my closet.

      I was a little worried that the big scarf would make me look like I had a tiny little pin head. I made it a bit too long but I wanted to use up the third ball of wool I had started knitting.

      Delete
  5. Wow, you've been a posting maniac and I nearly missed all the fun! Love your striped top and that pin on your jacket.
    I've got jackets that flare out like that too and it irritates me. I either have to button, belt or leave it open and act like I don't care. haha

    ReplyDelete