Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Today, I am pleased.

This dress is one of very few garments I own that I think looks good, fits well, AND looks like me.


What I need is a whole wardrobe full of garments that I like as much as I like this dress. I have a pattern for a dress with a similar shape that I picked up at the thrift store recently (for half off of twenty-five cents!) The pattern/dress has princess seams which (I hope) should make fitting fairly easy. Of course, I have no idea when I'll have time to sew- finishing my thesis has to take priority right now. But one day I'll have some free time again.

Not the most glamorous of pattern envelopes!

In the meantime, I'm going to try to keep in mind that I want to feel in all of my clothes the way I feel in this dress. I'm going to try not to buy anything that doesn't please me as much as this dress does.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Nan,
    I always feel very "Mad Men" when I wear that dress. Always a good thing!

    ReplyDelete