Thursday, September 29, 2011

Two birds; one sweater.

I'm going to make this:


It's the Two Tone Shrug from Fitted Knits. Only mine won't be two toned. It'll be more of a heathered shrug. I'm making it in Malabrigo 'Bobby Blue.' (You can see it here if you're interested.)  I find the color name a bit annoying but it is awfully pretty. I've had the yarn for a couple of years since I had the brilliant idea to make my BART commute to SF State more productive. It didn't work out especially well- I always had some reading that wasn't finished and needed to be done before class.

I've mentioned before that I have a bad habit. I pick at my cuticles. I tear at them. I chew them. I turn them into a ragged mess, only stopping when they bleed, and even then, not for long. Honestly, it might even qualify as a compulsion rather than merely a habit. Well, I've been thinking that maybe if I keep my hands busy I won't be able to tear myself to pieces. And since the yarn is all ready to go I'll be gaining a sweater without making a purchase (still in the September shopping moratorium) and moving another item from my drawer of shame into the wearable wardrobe. If all goes according to plan I'll break a habit and gain a sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment