Thursday, August 11, 2011

A return to the summer formula.

I tried to wear something more exciting today. I really tried. And it was such an epic failure I am still heartsick from the attempt. I tired layering. I tried belts. I tried playing with the proportions.  The dress in question has been retired for the time being. It now resides in a storage box in my workroom closet. I can't part with it yet, but I'm not going to put myself through the soul crushing humiliation of trying to wear it again for a while. It fits. It's not the kind of dress that becomes too tight to get into. It's the kind of dress that manages simultaneously to conceal every appealing thing about my figure and highlight every flaw. So why won't I just get rid of this awful dress? I do not have a good answer for you (or a photo- it was just too horrible.) Sorry. Maybe later.

After weathering the perfect storm of ugliness that was my initial attempt at getting dressed, I stood around miserable and naked in my closet for a while before selecting this:


Two layered tanks and a skirt. Yawn. But at least it's not reducing me to tears to look at myself in the mirror. Sometimes you just have to move on. Tomorrow is another day (as Ms. O'Hara would say.)

My hair looks terrific here- why do I have such a sour look on my face?

I did try to fancy it up a little with the addition of a vintage rhinestone brooch. I'm not sure if this qualifies as terrific or trying too hard.

It's a bit the worse for wear- but that's part of it's charm, no?


1 comment: