Thursday, November 10, 2011

A bit boring, perhaps?

This is what I wore today to apply for a part-time retail job that I don't really want:


I'm also applying for actual career-type positions, but I'm hedging my bets by looking at retail as a stop gap until I find my dream job. I have about twenty years of retail experience from part-time sales to entry level regional management, so I'm probably vastly overqualified for the type of thing I applied for today.  I have a bachelors degree in apparel merchandising, but I don't want a lengthy commute, so my local apparel and fashion related options are somewhat limited.

What am I looking at? I'm setting my sights high!

It can be incredibly demoralizing looking for a job, even one for which you're overqualified. I haven't had to go through this for a while, and the last time I did the economic outlook was not nearly as grim. Needless to say, I'm not looking forward to this process much, but I'm determined not to let it get me down. (Famous last words?)

I might have mentioned how much I dislike the side shots. Not flattering.

I'm counting on having the excuse to purchase interview outfits to cheer me up. And the thought of once again having a job that requires some level of dressing up is exciting too.

Bruno coordinates well with my outfit today, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment