Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Introducing... the pearl bar pin.

Finally, the last piece of *inherited* jewelry makes an appearance:



It took a while for me to figure out how I could wear a piece this delicate and sweet in a way that still felt like my style.  I'm pleased to say that I've managed to find a way to wear all of the unaltered family heirloom jewelry I brought home, with the exception of one piece, which I am returning to my mother.  I still have several additional pieces that I'm planning on reworking to make them more wearable. I'm hoping to get them up on the blog, with before and after photos, as soon as the reworking is accomplished. Stay tuned, but don't hold your breath. I'm a busy lady lately.

The angle of this shot resulted in a bit more revealing shot than I anticipated.

This is also the first outing of the vintage skirt Chris found for me in a Phoenix thrift store. I was shooting for an English country house in the thirties kind of effect- sort of a Mitford sister at home on the family estate look. I'm happy with the result, but I do worry that I'm a bit thickly built for this look. I don't want to cross over into Queen-Elizabeth-out-walking-her-corgis territory. Although, now that I think about it, I really liked most of the outfits that Helen Mirren wore in The Queen, so perhaps I wouldn't mind as much as I thought I would.

See? It's a very respectable outfit, really.

I felt wonderfully feminine in this skirt today- like some classic film heartthrob's girl Friday; the sweet, hard working girl whose charms are easily appreciated once the glamorous femme fatale has been eliminated.


I was desperate to own these shoes when I bought them but have yet to get through a whole day wearing them. I always have to carry an alternate, more comfortable, pair.  I love their sturdy, practical, vintagey look but they are so stiff I am beginning to despair of ever breaking them in.

No comments:

Post a Comment